- Stay connected to God so that you love with God’s love, speak with God’s words, heal with God’s power, listen with God’s patience, advise with God’s wisdom.
- Integrate into the culture. Who are you interacting with, and what is God’s heart for them?
- Live with purpose; be intentional about your kingdom life.
- Engage authentically with others, seeing interruptions as the work God has given you to do.
- Serve ‘the least of these’. Consider who they are, and find meaningful ways to serve them.
- Call people to follow Jesus, encourage them to take the next step, invite a response.
- Cultivate others to live incarnationally, make disciples who make disciples, invest relationally, engage in apprenticeship, help them to serve, help them multiply themselves.
Jesus told this parable: “A farmer went out to sow his seed. As he was scattering the seed…”
Luke 8:11 (NIV)
This is the meaning of the parable: the seed is the word of God.
John 1:14 (NIV)
The Word became flesh and made is dwelling among us.
Staying connected to the Father
Integrating into the culture
Living with purpose
Engaging authentically with others
Serving ‘the least of these’
Calling people to follow Jesus
Cultivating others to live incarnationally
Theodore Roosevelt: Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.